The first thing an importer needs to realize is that if toys are shipped from China incorrectly it can create all kinds of problems. The problems could affect both the importer and the exporter if it’s not done properly. Import toys from China can be a lucrative proposition if the process is treated securely and is done according to the guidelines set up for wholesale toys China.
If you are stuck with how to start toy business, or you are keep hesitating whether to start or not, this article could probably help you figure out. Here’s a step by step guide from the view of us, a toy supplier serving the toy importers worldwide for years. Let’s check out how to import toys from China, and what you can do to make the process more smoothly and efficiently.
1# Select Toys to Ship From China
Traditionally, every year the staple toys that will make an importer money are classic toys such as balls, cars, and stuffed toys. They are toys that an importer can ship from China and be assured of making money from selling these toys. Then there are the unique hot toys that will sell well in a specific year like looms in 2013-2014 and power sand and balance scooters in 2014-2015. These toys will sell well in one year and maybe not the next year.
Still have no ideas? I believe following ways can help you know more about the market and do toys choosing.
- Make use of Google Trends Tool. Set your market country as location, take toys types you are interested as search terms. If showing rising trends, then it means that this kind of toy may have large potential demand in your market.
- Conduct Local Toys Market Research. Arrange a local community tour to look over what kind of toys are on display. And ask with the toys store owners about the hot selling toys or other useful information. You would be inspired for more ideas.
- Learn From Toys Industry Leaders. Sort out the leading toys websites, check their good sellers and see the toy types. More fresh ideas would spark through your analysis on them.
- Don’t forget social platforms, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, for instance. You can find tons of toys images, toys videos through these social sites. People’ comments, reviews can be your strong basis of decisions. Use social media to keep track of your market trends.
2# Find a Trustworthy Toy Supplier
Finding a toy supplier that will not steer you wrong and that you can trust could be a problem, if you connect with a dishonest toy supplier. With years of toys export experiences, our company has a good knowledge in Chinese toy industry, which could certainly help you with better toys import experience in China. Therefore, feel free to contact us if you have plans to import toys from China.
Besides our company, there are another two ways to find toys suppliers. One is to buy from China toys markets. The other source is to order from international trade sites, such as Alibaba, Made in China, etc. I’d love to introduce 2 biggest China toys markets here, that is Yiwu Toys Market and Shantou Toys Market.
Yiwu toys wholesale market is famous for its super wide selection of various toys. You can find different styles of inflatable toys, electronic toys, regular toys, plush toys, etc here. One thing you need to care is that if you are asking cheaper prices, then low quality toys would be offered. Therefore, it is necessary for you to state toys requirements clearly towards the booth owners before you place orders.
Relatively speaking, Shantou toys wholesale market has better toys developing ability and leads the field in remote control toys, intelligent toys, etc. Compared to confession to lower prices, they prefer to provide better quality products. Usually the MOQ would be higher, around 3-5 CTNS per style. Thus, if you are just starting your toys business, probably more negotiation should be conducted between two sides.
3# Calculate The Land Cost And Place Toy Orders
A basic formula to consider in calculating the landed cost of a toy: (Landed cost of a toy is the total cost of a shipment an importer will pay for a toy shipment) The components include original cost of the toy, all brokerage and logistic costs, total shipping costs, customs duties, tariffs, insurance, currency conversion, packaging costs, bank charges, and all relevant handling charges. These charges (all of them) need to be calculated in every landing cost transaction.
4# Arrange The Cargo Transport
Things to remember:
- Find the proper four digit port-of-entry classification code for the importer’s specific port of entry.
- Know the importing laws and regulations specific to China. To import them from China and to pay for the toys.
- A big factor is choosing the proper container for your toy shipment. There are 20 foot, 40 foot, and 40 foot high cube containers. Choose the proper one to meet your shipping needs and costs
5# Trace The Shipment And Prepare For Its Arrival
Your best bet and it may cost you some money but it is worth it. Is to hire a customs broker in your home country that specializes in shipping toys from China. Their team of professionals can prepare the proper international shipping paperwork and calculate all the necessary expenses for you. They can also trace the progress of the shipment as well.
Or if you rather handle the toy shipment yourself then fill out the proper international shipping paperwork. Figure out the total land cost and make sure you have the ability to track your shipment from China. Make sure you have the proper storage facilities to keep the shipment in once it arrives at your port of entry.
Finally, if you follow these basic steps for importing toys from China you will be successful importing from China. You will reap the benefits of your hard work once you buffer your bottom line from selling your toys imported from China.
Thank you for coming with me here. I hope this post can help you conduct toys business. Kindly let me know if there is anything you confuse. Leave a comment below and we will get you in touch as soon as quickly.